An article by In Occupied Palestine (IOP), Palestine Human Rights Campaign POB 56150, Dominion Rd, Auckland, New Zealand www.palestine.org.nz on 31 May ‘14.To register for daily updates on events in Palestine email Leslie Bravery on firstname.lastname@example.org
Balance and timing of violence over Gaza
Summary for May 2014:
Israel justifies its constant violence in the Gaza Strip by claiming that it is simply responding to Palestinian missile attacks. But the evidence suggests that Israel does its best to provoke them. It should not be forgotten either that Israeli violence and oppression against the Palestinian people is carried out in the whole of Occupied Palestine – not just Gaza. The following report, compiled from from the PHRC's daily newsletters In Occupied Palestine, is confined to the events in the Gaza Strip solely in order to deal with Israeli propaganda over the issue of Palestinian missile attacks.
There was no PMG report to cover 11 May 2014. The figures presented below concern the remaining 30 days of the month of May 2014:
Palestinian missile attacks on 5 days
Israeli attacks on 25 days
No Israelis injured or killed
10 Palestinians injured
• Palestinian missiles were fired towards the Green Line on 4 separate days.
• According to the Israeli Army, Palestinian missile attacks caused no death, injury or damage.
• There were 52 Israeli attacks on 25 days this month and the Israeli Navy enforced a crippling no-fishing zone on Palestinian fishing boats every day.
• There were 36 Israeli Army attacks on the Gaza Strip.
• There were 16 Israeli Navy attacks on Palestinian fishing boats.
• The Palestinian people have no defence capability against overwhelming Israeli military superiority.